Originally built in two stages in 1866 and 1878, this heritage reservoir in Paddington has been converted and its use adapted to incorporate gardens, public access and provision for future commercial space.
The work required structural stabilisation and repair of the existing brick vaulted roof arch structures while safely maintaining the ruined character of the space. New reinforced concrete feature works strengthen the original dilapidated structures while ensuring their integrity into the future and soaring new steel framed shade structures reflect the arch forms of the original reservoir roof with the new urban park made fully accessible via new lift access and ramps.
- 2011 – Urban Land Institute Award for Excellence: Asia Pacific. Paddington Reservoir Gardens
- 2010 – International Architecture Award, The Chicago Athenaeum and The European Centre for Architecture, Art, Design and Urban Studies, Paddington Reservoir Gardens
- 2010 – National Australian Institute of Architects Award for Urban Design.
- 2010 – National Australian Institute of Architects Heritage Award.
- 2010 – Lloyd Rees Award for Urban Design, Australian Institute of Architecture (NSW) Awards.
- 2010 – Greenway Award for Heritage, Australian Institute of Architecture (NSW) Awards
- 2010/2009 – Australian Medal for Landscape Architecture, Australian Institute of Landscape Architecture
- 2009 – The Australia Award for Urban Design, Planning Institute of Australia
- 2009 – Design Excellence Award, Australian Institute of Landscape Architects (NSW).
- 2009 – Officer of the Valuer General Heritage Award, Australian Property Institute.